How old is Tejomay Charitable Trust?
Tejomay Charitable Trust (TCT) is a Non-Profit-Charitable trust established in May-2015, based in Bangalore,India.
What is the meaning of Tejomay?
“Tejomay” is a Sanskrit word. It means glorious, make brighter and shine on.
Why was Tejomay Charitable Trust established?
- We believe every child should be equipped with Life skills and Values to deal with day-to-day challenges.
- We also believe in the empowerment of adults-especially women from the low income communities by providing them with knowledge, skills and required resources.
- We also believe to achieve a sustainable change in the society, all the members of the society should come together and actively get involved in the process of social development.
Why do you stress on education, when there are other equally pressing issues in the country?
“At Tejomay we truly believe Education is the best wealth anyone can have.
No ChorHaryam, Na Cha Raj Haryam Na BhatruBhajyam, Na Cha Bharkari VyayeKruteVardhatEvNityam VidyaDhanamSarvaDhanamPradhanam ||
No one can steal it, no authority can snatch it, It is not divided in brothers, not heavy to carry, Instead as you consume – learn, it increases and as you share-spend, it expands.
We also believe Education will help everyone to become responsible human beings& will help everyone lead happy and successful life.
“VidyaDadatiVinayam, VinayatiAatiPraptatvam PraptatvaatDhanamAapnoti, Dhanat Dharma Tathasukham ||”
Education gives Modesty-discipline, from Modesty comes worthiness,from worthiness one gets prosperity, with prosperity ones does good deeds and by doing good deeds one feels happy and satisfied in life.
Do you get any financial support from the Government?
Tejomay does not receive any financial support from the Government. Although all the initiatives taken at Tejomay compliment the Government’s efforts.
What is the source of funding for the organization?
Tejomay is a new organization and surely needs support and funding to fulfil the mission. At Tejomay we rely on different sources of funding-
- Individual donors.
What curriculum do you follow in the education programmes?
At Tejomay, we follow our own in-house curriculum for Life Skills& Values programmes as well as for the Adult education. We are proud to say that some of the training materials for the Computer literacy programme are designed by the High school children under the guidance of experts.
How does Tejomay work for the education of underprivileged children/women?
At Tejomay we work for the education of underprivileged children and women at different levels –
- We sponsor/adopt a child for education by providing school books, fees, uniforms etc mostly from the rural areas.
- We find Women who need help in getting the knowledge-skills & resources to make them self-reliant.
- We have a tailor-made programme to help individual child from the low income communities with academics, as after school activity.
- We partner with Schools and NGOs who work for the underprivileged children and women by conducting classes-workshops and trainings for them.
- We conduct number of Adult literacy programs, workshops, trainings for Adults-Women from the low incomecommunities.
- We provide help to different NGOs by supporting them in their noble causes.
- We work with Government schools& other foundations.
Do you have programmes for privileged children?
At Tejomaywe do offer Life skills and Values classes, Soft skills workshops etc for privileged children, as we believe that Children either privileged or less privileged are important part of the society & they are the real change makers of a Nation.
Why do you work for Privileged children?
Tejomay believes that Children are the basic building blocks of the society irrespective of their social and economic status, so it is important we inculcate life skills and values in all the children & give them proper education at an early age. The idea behind Programmes for the Privileged children is that we make them understand the worth of the privileges they are born with and educate them to become good human beings and motivate them with the sense of responsibility towards the society in general & less privileged people in particular.
How can I help?
You can help us in the following ways –
- Volunteer your time to support Tejomay programmes.
- Help us generate funds for running Tejomay programmes.
- Donate money to help us run Tejomay programmes.
- Spreading awareness of Tejomay within your social networks.